It was a busy day of cakes for me today. Finished the fireman's helmet cake that I had started on details for earlier in the week (the emblem), and then I also had a snake cake to do for a friend's son.
First I baked 2 cakes in bundt pans, and dirty iced them:
Then I had to make it look like a coiled snake, and not just 2 "donuts" on top of eachother:
And add a head:
Covered in fondant... now THAT was a chore!
From another angle:
And then I airbrushed him:
And added a tongue (I made 3 tongues in case of breakage, and this is not the tongue I sent him away with... I wish I'd taken a picture of that, I prefered the final tongue over this one!)